Position: Part-time Shop Associate
As a Shop Associate, you are the first impression a customer gets when they walk through our doors.
You provide an excellent customer experience from start to finish by:
- welcoming and greeting our customers
- offering knowledgeable gift suggestions based on celebration (child's age or family's interests)
- processing purchases at point of sale (Shopify)
- providing gift wrap when needed
You are motivated to keep the store looking its best by cleaning, restocking, and creating visual displays.
You love working hard and are willing to jump in wherever needed. You are adaptable, a team player, and a creative thinker.
You are available weekends and certain holidays.
This role is for 12-18 hours per week with additional hours offered as needed based on traffic and store needs. Shop Associate pay begins at $15/hr. This role is primarily for weekday shifts, but weekend availability (Saturdays or Sundays) is required. Additional weekday hours will be available as needed.
Store Hours are 10 am - 5 pm weekdays and 10 am - 3 pm weekends. Store shifts are 9:50 - 5:10 weekdays and 9:50 - 3:10 weekends.
Please note: If these shift times or working weekends does not align with your availability, your application will not be eligible for consideration.
Summary of Experience
Customer service experience in a retail environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve
- Effective oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, unpack deliveries, and set up tables and chairs for classes and events
Please send an email with the job title as the subject line that includes your resume AND the following:
-Your favorite baby or housewarming gift to give and why
-Tell us about why you'd like to be a part of The Getalong
Please also include your schedule availability and anything else you think we should know about you!
To be considered, all requested information must be submitted.