a good meal is hard to find
A Good Meal Is Hard to Find is more than just a cookbook: it's a love letter to the women and food of the Deep South.
With charming narratives, visual storytelling, and delectable recipes, A Good Meal Is Hard to Find is everything you've ever wanted in a Southern cookbook.
Inside are 60 go-to recipes organized into five chapters—Morning's Glories, Lingering Lunches, Dinner Dates & Late-Night Takes, Afternoon Pick-Me-Ups, and Anytime Sweets. Recipes written by award-winning cookbook author and Southern food expert Martha Hall Foose, as part of a collaboration with Amy C. Evans.
• Each of the 60 recipes opens with a short vignette about a story about a unique Southern character.
• Divided into five chapters from breakfast to dinner, with cocktails and desserts in between
• Recipes paired with gorgeous, vintage-inspired acrylic paintings by Amy C. Evans
Inspired by generations of storytelling and Southern comfort food, this genre-bending cookbook is a must-have for cookbook lovers, vintage collectors, and Southern cooking enthusiasts alike.
Recipes include Francine's Strawberry-Glazed Doughnuts, Camille's Bridge Club Egg Salad, The Suzy B's Spinach and Mushroom Frito Pie, Stella's Harissa Gold Chicken, and Estelle's Butterscotch Pound Cake.
• Master the art of traditional Southern cooking and soul food
• Perfect for fans of Poole's: Recipes and Stores from a Modern Diner by Ashley Christensen, Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines, and Heritage by Sean Brock
• A great cookbook gift for readers of Southern Living and Garden & Gun